- Reduce Failure Analysis time by combining IDDQ, Liquid Crystal, and EMMI
- Enable Faster and Better Failure Analysis
- Better matching of Failure Analysis data with production test data.
- Reduce Failure Analysis Time and Efforts
- Evaluate the combination of IDDQ, Liquid Crystal and EMMI
- Reuse existing production test programs
- Improve the matching of the Production Test Data with the Failure Analysis Data
Module and Test Platform:
- QD-1011 Advanced IDDQ measurement module.
- Inovys Ocelot & Personal Ocelot
- The validation of the approach was done based on several high volume production devices requiring failure analysis.
Results & Conclusions:
The use of low-cost DFT systems in combination with Q-Star IDDQ measurement solutions provides a 100% failure correlation between the FA lab and the production ATE and to reuse the available IDDQ vectors to quickly identify the root cause of the failure by combining IDDQ with Liquid Crystal and EMMI.
Previously IDDQ measurements were related to toggling the supply, however this did not always provided the proper DUT status to enable failure location and did not match with production ATE failing results, extending FA search times.
- M. Rasas et all, A simple, cost effective and very sensitive alternative for Photo Emission Spectroscopy, Proceedings of the 23rd International Symposium for Testing and Failure Analysis, 27-31 October 1997, Santa Clara, California
- M. Rasas et all, Analysis of IDDQ failures by spectral photon emission microscopy, Journal of Microelectronics Reliability 38 (1998), pp 877-882.
- M. Rasas et all, Spectroscopic Identification of light emitted from defects in silicon devices, Journal of applied physics, Volume 89, number 1, 1 January 2001, pp. 249-258.